TRAIN WITH US
For season 2020/21 the club will make every effort to develop a series of training options for players at all levels.
We now have a clear set of rules and regulations set out as part of our safe return to sport using Scottish Hockey and government guidelines.
In order to be eligible for training sessions players must be registered via our online forms.
Training dates and times will vary depending on the Tier that Glasgow City is placed within and as such things may change at short notice. The club will keep in touch with all registered players to keep them updated with any changes as soon as possible.
Start date: TBC
1s / 1s Development/ 2s training will take place on Monday and Wednesdays
Monday - 6.30-8.00pm
Wednesday - 7.30-9pm
The option is available for 3s to also train on Mondays commencing TBC.
Start date: TBC
3/4s training will take place on Wednesdays
Wednesday - 7.30-8.45pm
Juniors, Inters and S3 players
For season 2020/21 we are aiming to offer at least 3 x 6 week blocks of hockey for our younger players. This of course will be subject to Government Guidelines.
Our groups will be split as follows :
Primary 4,5,6,7 - JUNIORS - Wednesdays 6-7pm (Block 2 potentially restarting TBC)
S1 - INTERS - Thursdays 6-7pm (Block 2 potentially restarting TBC)
S2 - INTERS - Thursdays 6-7pm and 7.30-8.30pm (Block 2 potentially restarting TBC)
S3 Players - Thursdays 7.30-8.30pm (Block 2 potentially restarting TBC)
NB. For S3s - This is a stop gap solution as we are unable to blend all of the S3s into Ladies training due to the current guidelines. A proportion of S3s were moved to Senior Training in October. The Senior sections are now at capacity.
Should a change to Government COVID Guidelines impact on training sessions - every effort will be made to provide those sessions later in the season.
We have lots of new rules to follow but have everything in place for a safe return.
The main points we must highlight are:
1. Players must be registered to book a place - unregistered players will be unable to take an allocated place and any funds paid will be refunded (minus transaction costs).
2. Parents, at this point, are not allowed access to the pitch enclosure. Players should be dropped in the car park and drivers should remain in their cars.
3. We will have a strict registration process in place (for Tack & Trace). Players, therefore, must arrive for their sessions on time as registration will close when training starts and no further access to the pitch will be possible.
4. Players must go home after school and arrive for their GHK session in their hockey kit with only the equipment they need for playing.
5. There will be no dressing rooms available.
6. The will be no access to toilet facilities - players are asked to consider this before leaving the house.
7. Numbers will be limited.
8. The cost for each block of 6 sessions (for Juniors, Inters and S3s) will be £50.
9. As there will be no bibs available, players should bring a light (e.g. white) and a dark (e.g. navy blue) playing top.
If you have any queries, please email or contact us through the app.
Please see our info graphic sheets for the latest regulations for the club that will help us to keep everyone safe.
Under 18 Over 18
Training takes place at Old Anniesland, the sports grounds of the High School of Glasgow.
Old Anniesland, Glasgow
Crow Road, G13 1PL